TAMUG Game Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D group

4 posters

Go down

D&D group Empty D&D group

Post  Scott Culp Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:21 pm

i have brough everything that should be needed for a basic version 3.0-3.5 group. i would rather not have to be DM but if needed i would be willing to trade off with someone so everyone can play. if one of you has etools that would be a big help. lol!
Scott Culp
Scott Culp

Back to top Go down

D&D group Empty Re: D&D group

Post  Salty Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:27 pm

This is relevant to my interests.
Salty
Salty
Boss

https://tamuggameclub.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

D&D group Empty more D&D

Post  Scott Culp Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 pm

well thats one down now if we can find four or five others we can have a good balanced group. if im DMing i will be trying out a few of the cool things from V4 to see how you like it. mainly skill challenges which can make a task have all the excitement combat without needing a fireball. it also makes sense, just because one person knows how to sail a ship it should NOT mean he can sail a ship. but i could mean he could have the other party members use the skills they do know how to use to get done what is needed to sail a ship EX the knot skill, stenght check, balance, climb, or swim. success could mean you get your ship to port on time, out manover the ship your fighting or even not becoming in a storm. failure could mean you arrive to late, get over taken, or crash on a rock. failure will not cause you to die but it could make a latter battle harder, keep you from finding the enemy's weak point, or just not get the bonus of success. no looking for a lock on a door would not be a skill challenge but a there are some parts of fanacy liturature and movies that would not work out well playing as a combat. now if you all hate doing these or i end up not being the normal DM then remember this because i have some ideas for some pretty epic warzone story that would envolve this concept linked to setting up some really sweet battles. Oh and normaly on these the dm would just tell you the problem and it would be up to the players to pick what skills they would try to use to solve it. some skill choices would be obviously useless ie using bluff to make the ship move, some would be ok ie using nature to find out about the weather or currents to help pick a better course, some would be really good such as sailing to guide everyone else or knowing how to work the wheel. i think they can be great if you want to do something more the just KILL THINGS AND TAKE THEIR STUFF.
Scott Culp
Scott Culp

Back to top Go down

D&D group Empty above

Post  Scott Culp Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:00 pm

sorry that was so long but i wanted to see what you all think about that concept. Sleep
Scott Culp
Scott Culp

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Culp Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:36 pm

BTW i dont have the monster manual and only one level 2 module with me. we dont need the monster manual with most modules. sorry for da por graymar confused
Scott Culp
Scott Culp

Back to top Go down

D&D group Empty nothing

Post  Scott Culp Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:43 pm

just testing my signature
Scott Culp
Scott Culp

Back to top Go down

Post  Salty Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:17 pm

White Ninja wrote:just testing my signature

FAIL
Salty
Salty
Boss

https://tamuggameclub.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Alright, if it is a game of 3.5, count me in.

Nate
Marshal

Back to top Go down

D&D group Empty more dnd

Post  Scott Culp Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:24 pm

we need more people. if someone wants to be dm then we will need at least four players five would be better because then we could have one miss and still will not be likely to die. so far we have 3 people so we need 2-3 more. BTW im planing on playing a rouge/arcane mix.
Scott Culp
Scott Culp

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:41 pm

So, can we settle on a time and see if people show up?

Nate
Marshal

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Culp Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:43 pm

sure but when. the only good time for me is during the weekend
Scott Culp
Scott Culp

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Culp Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 pm

as far as the D&D group we are starting to get set up. we still need a few more players as well as for someone to step up and be the DM. so far we have a ranger and a cleric. i believe Nate said he would play some kind of arcane spellcaster. i plan to play a rouge unless i end up being DM. a good group has 5 players. four is the minimum and a group of six can also work well. as of now i plan to discuss this after the next few meeting iff anyone has questions
Scott Culp
Scott Culp

Back to top Go down

D&D group Empty DnD

Post  MGraham Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:44 am

I am ok running a game for you guys; I have DMed before for 3.5 and a decent amount of playing experience.

Weekends are the best for me, but I cannot promise I can play EVERY single weekend - there will be times I will need to get off campus and away. But for the most part I am up for running a game. When would be a good time for everyone? Would like a good 4 or 5 hour block to play, so would work for Sunday afternoons before most of you have to end up in study hall?

I will be playing my own created campaign world, with a focus on urban setting. Not all urban, but a much higher focus if you have played before.

Do not want anyone with any more than a character idea till we all get together and meet, I like to have people make/roll characters together. I will be able to go over background concepts and starting equipment and such all together. The first meeting will be setting everything up. As much fun as it is to jump right in, it is much better in the long run if the first meeting is really setting everything up. I heard that most of those wanting to play have never played before, so this first meeting would be a good time to go over rules and combat.

Who does or does not have dice? I have my own personal set of dice, but it works out a LOT better if everyone has a full set of DnD dice. You can get them at hobby stores or online pretty cheap – if you want to call yourself a gamer you have to have your own dice. It is like saying you are a biker, but don’t have a bike…

I will have a pretty good focus on role playing, so start having an idea of “who” your character really is. You character is different than just yourself with pointy ears and the ability to cast magic, or use a sword without hurting yourself. Things you as a person would do would be very different then what your character would do, so I put a lot into things as alignment and background. Your characters personal goals and ambitions, where they have been and where they see themselves in the future – that creates the character beyond just the stats and the character sheets.

Have a basic outline what you want to do with background, or you can do it with the group. I have a really great system for creating a random background for your character, and it can be a lot of fun as a group to roll it all together. Character creation can be some of the best parts of a game.

Everyone who is planning to play, please e-mail me at grahamm@tamug.edu – and remind those who do not check this forum much to do the same.

MGraham
Marshal

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Culp Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:28 pm

Im planing on playing a ninja that is more or less an assasin. he will kill for money but for the most part trys to take contracts to kill those who deserve it. He is trying to become the best at what he does which is being able to kill things before they even know they have been hit. he is traveling to learn more of his art. he has a strong if strange set of morals that stops him from killing people who are harmless to him.
Scott Culp
Scott Culp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down